Awesome news: we just received permission from Soren Soekris, designer of the amazing Soekris dam1021 R-2R sign magnitude DAM, to order one of his DAC modules in order to get some inspiration from it. This should save us a ton of trials and errors.
We also got warned that:
- We might want to use 4 layers instead of just 2.
- We need to work on our terminations.
- Some of our capacitors are not so great.
- Our 15 V power regulator is too noisy.
- FPGA firmware development will be hard.
Thank you Soren, very kind of you!