i8

Eagle

After some experimentations with OrCad and KiCad, I have decided to give Eagle a try. Using Ultra Librarian running on Windows, I finally managed to convert the .bxl files for my components into .scr scripts that can be executed within Eagle (running on Mac OS X) and converted into a .lbr library. From there, I managed to add the components to my schematics. It was a bit painful, but it worked, and the user experience is massively better than running OrCad through VMware Fusion. I can’t say that I like it (yet), but it’s certainly better than using Illustrator.

Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 8.42.52 PM

Advertisements
Standard

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s